We need an important function in the shipments

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      javier
      Participant

Hi friends

There is a small missing in the shipping options
      In Mexico, shipments are based on weight, for example sending a product costs the following:

0.01 kg – 1 kg = 10 usd
      1.01 kg – 2 kg = 12.5 usd
      2.01 kg – 3 kg = 15 usd
      3.01 kg – 4 kg = 17 usd

The idea is that each seller can add the costs according to the weight of their product, in such a way that when adding the products of the same seller to the cart the total weight is added and with it the value of the shipment can be calculated

For example
      Product A= 1.500 kg
      Producto B= 0.300 kg
      product C= 1.750 kg

The customer buys the product a, b and c and woocommerce must add the weight of the 3 to calculate the shipping cost.
      If we calculate the weight of the 3 products, we would have:
      1.500 kg + 0.300 + 1.750 = Total 3.550 kg

According to the table of costs previously stated, the cost of sending this order would be: 17 usd
      This shipping cost must be calculated automatically according to the calculation of the sum of the weights of each product purchased.

Currently I have only found a plugin that does it, could be based on it to achieve it or help me with a customization to make it compatible with your plugin.

I share them with your documentation

if it generates some extra cost, no problem, I hope you can help me friends

thanks!!

javier
      Participant
      This reply has been marked as private.
      Sayan Naskar
      Keymaster

Hello,
      Woocomerce by default doesn’t support weight based shipping cost calculation. It can be achieved by shipping class in products but according to your requirement, you are looking to calculate the shipping cost of all the products together adding the weight of all the products together, this will be a custom development work. I guess you are looking to calculate this costs vendor specific ie weights of all the products of each of the vendors will be added separately and the cost will be calculated separately for each vendor right? Moreover, will the vendors be able to set their own weight based cost?
      Thank You.

javier
      Participant

Hi. Thanks for the reply.
      That’s right, the shipping companies work with prices based on the weight of the package. Adding that functionality would make your marketplace a very complete tool.

I understand that the development of this feature can generate a cost and I think it is fair. I hope you could send me a quote to my email. This is the last function I need to launch my marketplace to the market, I hope you can help me achieve it.

Without a doubt they are the best option, I have all their plugins and I must say they do not stop surprising me.

Thanks for everything

my email: jaralo.com@gmail.com

javier
      Participant

Hello friends, sorry for the inconvenience, I would like to know if it will be possible for you to support me.
      Thank`s

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘We need an important function in the shipments’ is closed to new replies.