What do this shipping fields mean?

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Henriette
      Participant

Hi,

I am having a very hard time to get shipping right.
      Documention is not clear since they are only screendumps with terms I can see for myself in the vendor dashboard but without any explanations.

First question is about Shipping by Country.
      On vendor dashboard vendor can choose default shipping price but this is per product?
      When vendor leaves this blank than he can add a flat rate shipping price for the whole order as per country or is this per product as well?
      And what about the shipping cost per state. Is this an extra cost or is this an override for shipping price per country?

Second is about shipping by weight.
      Does based on rules mean that this is based on marketplace rules that I have to set on marketplace shipping settings?
      I also would like to remove the placeholder from the weight field. This is the same language string as the shipping cost field.
      This is much to confusing.

Please see attachments. Thank you.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Avinaba
      Keymaster

Hi,

We are already in a process of revamping our documentation and Shipping documentation will be there soon, sorry for the inconvenience you are facing here. Now, coming to your questions:

1. The default shipping price is the base prices which is always added to the total value. Lets take for example the following senerio-

A person purchases product X( 1 item) and Y (2 items) and the shipping settings are:

Default Shipping Price: USD 10 ( this is base shipping price)
      Per Product Additional Price: USD 2 ( applicable for different type of product)
      Per Qty Additional Price: USD 1 ( price for additional product of same type)

Then the total shipping amount will be – 10 ( the base price)+ 2( additional price for 2 different kind of product)+ 1 ( for item Y having 2 items)= USD 13

2. For Shipping cost of state, the priority is as the following:

State (x): USD 12

Then if anyone orders from State X ( which is within the country) then the shipping amount will be USD 12

3. For shipping by weight: The shipping by rules means setting up of the next set of rules popping up in the vendor dashboard where you have to define weight rule, cost, weight etc.

Also, do you want to change the language? Or removing the field would do?

Hope this will resolve your confusion.

Henriette
      Participant

Hi,

thank you for your quick reply.
      So let me make this clear:

The default shipping price is the base prices which is always added to the total value. Lets take for example the following senerio-

But when a customer buys 3 items of USD 10 (base shipping price) the total shipping amount is not USD 30?
      Because the help text is saying “starting price for each product.” (see attachment)

As for Shipping by Rules I know it pops up when choosing Shipping by Rules. But what rules are they?
      Sorry if I sound stupid but it cost me three days now to figure it out.

One more question please.
      In vendor dashboard shipping by weight has an option called Per Unit Cost. What does Unit mean in this case?
      I came very far to translate the plugins but sometimes I can’t even figure out exactly what it means in my language according to some fields.

Thank you

Attachments:
      Avinaba
      Keymaster

Yes, it will be USD 10 as that will be the base price of the order to be shipped. The shipping rules means the additional information here [ please find the attachment for the same].

Per unit over here refers to unit of weight ( kg/pound etc). And for translation, perhaps you can give a try by using Loco translate plugin, hope it helps.

Attachments:
      Henriette
      Participant

Thank you for your time. I understand now.

I do however have another problem.
      Once Vendor adds blocks with his own “Shipping by Weight” rules the next time he comes back to the page to change something for example he can not access second/third/fourth block etc because the page is too short.

In inspected it in developer mode and it is an element style that says height: 845px;
      When I make the height 1845px than the other blocks are showing.

But first of all this is an element style so I can not change this myself by CSS. By refreshing the page the 1845px height is obviously gone.
      Second I don’t want it to be a fixed height because when vendor only has one block the page will be to long again with a big white gap.
      I want the page to auto adjust to the number of blocks a vendor adds.
      In developer I tried “auto” and “100%” but that doesn’t change anything.

Please see attachments to see what I mean.

Thank you

Attachments:
      Henriette
      Participant

Any idea how to fix above problem please?

Henriette
      Participant

Hi,

I´m sorry I thought I understood but it still isn´t clear for me.
      To be honest Shipping settings are driving me crazy.

A person purchases product X( 1 item) and Y (2 items) and the shipping settings are:

Then the total shipping amount will be – 10 ( the base price)+ 2( additional price for 2 different kind of product)+ 1 ( for item Y having 2 items)= USD 13

Default Shipping Price = USD 10
      Customer buys a Shirt, Purse, and Sunglasses = 3 items of the same store.
      If no additional price set than in Cart/Checkout customers sees the total price of Shirt/Shoes/Sunglasses and 10.00 shipping price, right?

It’s the additional prices that’ts confusing me.

Label: Per Product Additional Price
      Helptext: If a customer buys more than one type product from your store, first product of the every second type will be charged with this price

What is meant by more than one type product and first product of the every second type?
      Are Shirts, Purse, and Sunglasses 3 different product types?
      So:
      Default Shipping Price = USD 10.
      Per Product Additional Price = USD 5.
      No matter what product type customer adds to cart first (Shirt/Purse/or Sunglasses), Shipping Cost is always USD 10. Say Shirt is added to cart first.
      Customer ads also Purse to cart = Total Shipping costs are USD 15 (= + USD 5 Shipping Cost)
      Customer ads also Sunglasses to cart = Total Shipping costs are USD 20 ( = + 2x USD 5 Shipping Cost > 1x for Purse and 1x for Sunglasses)

But when customer ads another Purse ( so 1 shirt, 2 purses, and 1 sunglasses) than Total Shipping Price remains USD 20?

Avinaba
      Keymaster

Yes, if any additional prices aren’t set then the price will be USD 10 in your senerio because the following fields are 0

Per Product Additional Price: USD 0 ( applicable for different type of product)
      Per Qty Additional Price: USD 0 ( price for additional product of same type)

Shirts, Purse, and Sunglasses are 3 different types of products so for adding an additional shipping cost you will have to enter value in ” Per product additional price”

And “per quantity additional price” is applicable if you want to add shipping cost for purchasing more than 1 product.

Hope it’s clear to you now.

Henriette
      Participant

Thank you so much for your afford and and patience. Now it’s really clear to me.

However I still have a problem with Shipping by Weight page.

1] Where Vendor has to put in weight (grams in this case) there is a placeholder with a price like the second one with the cost as per that weight.
      These are two different language strings in wc_multivendor_marketplace.po file.
      1 =

#: views/shipping/wcfmmp-view-edit-method-popup.php:63
      #: views/shipping/wcfmmp-view-edit-method-popup.php:111
      #: views/shipping/wcfmmp-view-edit-method-popup.php:183
      msgid "0.00"
      msgstr "0.00"

and 2 =

#: core/class-wcfmmp-settings.php:1113 core/class-wcfmmp-settings.php:1226
      #: core/class-wcfmmp-settings.php:1233 helpers/wcfmmp-core-functions.php:904
      #: includes/shipping-gateways/class-wcfmmp-shipping-by-country.php:161
      #: includes/shipping-gateways/class-wcfmmp-shipping-by-weight.php:113
      #: views/shipping/wcfmmp-view-shipping-settings.php:147
      #: views/shipping/wcfmmp-view-shipping-settings.php:343
      #: views/shipping/wcfmmp-view-shipping-settings.php:351
      msgid "Free Shipping"
      msgstr "Free Shipping"

The free shipping string is also used as a placeholder in other fields e.g. Shipping by Country > State

So as you see 0.00 is a price and not a weight. With placeholder that has 0.00 it is much to confusing for vendor how to put in the grams.
      And two, Free Shipping is also visible in the weight field.
      So I would like to remove the placeholder for the weight field.

Thank you.

Attachments:
      Henriette
      Participant

B.t.w. I don’t mind the other placeholders like in the price fields. But this placeholder isn’t supposed to be there in the weight field.
      I hope you know what I mean.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.