Which Category-based commission is used for multiple category product?

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Ultimate Which Category-based commission is used for multiple category product?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      S Charlton
      Participant

If I have assigned different commission rates to different WooCommerce categories, which commission rate will be used if a product has been assigned to multiple categories? Does it default to the highest commission rate or can categories be assigned a priority order for commission?
      Thank you.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

First assigned category consider for calculating commission.

Thank You

S Charlton
      Participant

Please clarify.
      1. If categories have been selected/ticked at the same time when adding a listing, which one is classed as “first”?
      2. Do you mean the first on the Categories list (a-z)?
      3. What about child categories set at different commission rates to the parent?
      4. I would like my vendors to select their own commission rates for their products so we can offer different levels of promotion. If I create a Commission category with 3 sub-categories (5%|10%|15%) with the default and parent set to 5%, can this Commission category/Sub-categories take priority over the other categories?
      5. Would you consider adding a “Highest/Lowest Commission Priority” toggle for when multiple categories are used?

It’s important for admin to be able to order the category Commission hierarchy/order for a product in multiple categories – especially if Affiliate commissions are also to be considered.

Please clarify how something like this can be achieved.

Thank you.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Well, category commission is always confusing if you assign multiple categories to a product.

If you want to use category wise commission then it’s always recommend to use only one “main category” for that product!

Thank You

S Charlton
      Participant

Hi, this has not answered any of my questions.
      I need vendors to select multiple categories. All I need as admin is to be able to choose in “Settings->Commission Settings” between:
      a. Use Highest Commission for Multi-Category
      b. Use Lowest Commission for Multi-Category

This also makes it easy if admin has selected Vendor commission or admin commission. This should also help with Affiliate commission if used.
      Can you make this possible?
      Thank you.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

I need vendors to select multiple categories. All I need as admin is to be able to choose in “Settings->Commission Settings” between:
      a. Use Highest Commission for Multi-Category
      b. Use Lowest Commission for Multi-Category

– OK, we will add this option in coming update.

Thank You

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

We will add this in WCFM Marketplace next update.

Category wise commission – consider maximum commission from all associated categories for a product, can be change to min using filter “wcfmmp_is_allow_max_category_commission” by returning false

S Charlton
      Participant

That’s fantastic news – I look forward to it! Thank you.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

You are welcome 🙂

MONTASIR AHMED
      Participant

Hi

Regrading the same subject specifically “Category wise commission – consider maximum commission from all associated categories”.

Kindly advise us for how we can handle this.?

Best Regards,

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.