Why cannot I add affiliate products?

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Ultimate Why cannot I add affiliate products?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      id.manage
      Participant

I am trying to add products from frontend as an vendor.
      I’m shown that I can add ‘simple products’ ‘external/affiliate product’ But I am not allowed to publish it as it says ‘External products cannot be stock managed’ .

Please can I have this feature as I really need it for my platform.

Thanks.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

But I am not allowed to publish it as it says ‘External products cannot be stock managed’ .

Where you are getting this message? Kindly show me screenshot please.

Thank You

id.manage
      Participant
      This reply has been marked as private.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Do yo have custom code to enable “manage stock” by default enable for all products – https://ibb.co/x5nqqR5

Or, you had added this product before using “Manage Stock” enable then changed it’s product type to “External”?

Well, in simple word, “manage stock” is enable for this product so it’s not saving.

Thank You

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Add this to your site –

add_filter( 'wcfm_product_data_factory', function( $wcfm_product_data_factory, $new_product_id, $product, $wcfm_products_manage_form_data ) {
      	$product_type = empty( $wcfm_products_manage_form_data['product_type'] ) ? WC_Product_Factory::get_product_type( $new_product_id ) : sanitize_title( stripslashes( $wcfm_products_manage_form_data['product_type'] ) );
      	if( $product_type == 'external' ) {
      		$wcfm_product_data_factory['manage_stock'] = '';
      	}	
      	return $wcfm_product_data_factory;
      }, 50, 4 );

Add this code to your child theme’s functions.php
      In case you do not have child theme then add code using this plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/

Thank You

id.manage
      Participant
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Add that code snippet, it will resolve for you.

id.manage
      Participant
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

I now can see the product in the vendor’s shop, but the vendor can still edit the product like admin.
      – Yeah, why vendor will not able to edit this? Do your have disabled “Edit Live Products” capability for vendors?

The product becomes like affiliated product without buy button.
      – Affiliated products work like this

Thank You

id.manage
      Participant
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

My answer: If vendor A want to be affiliate for vendor B, I don’t want Vendor A to edit the description of the product.But now Vendor A can change vendor B’s original product description!

– How you are creating this? There is no such default option for vendors to become affiliate for another vendor’s product!

Well, if you are referring here “Single Product Multi-vendor” module then it copied and create new product for Vendor B and he allowed to edit his new product, not Vendor A’s original product!

My answer: I want the buy button with affiliated URL and direct customers to the original seller. But it doesn’t work. Is it because I need to add external links until you updated your affiliate add on? I am now using other plugin for test as I know your add on cannot do it at the moment.

– I am not very sure, how this is related to WCFM Affiliate!
      You may add any external URL for affiliate products and user will redirect to that original site for purchase.

Please check this once – https://woocommerce.com/videos/woocommerce-external-affiliate-product-overview/

Thank You

id.manage
      Participant
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.