Workaround inventory tab – add a tag on product

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WC Vendors Workaround inventory tab – add a tag on product

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hello,

I would like to give the possibility for the vendor to change the status of a product (add a tag “sold” or “reserved” on the product image).
      My website offers only unique products (paintings). I don’t need to have the tab “inventory”
      I find a workaround : use the status of stock in the tab “inventory” to do this. Add code lines in functions.php on my theme.

In the add product page, could you tell me how I can modify the wording of the tab “inventory” (replaced by “statut objet”) ?
      In tab “inventory”, Could you tell me how I can modify the wording of “State of Stock” (replaced by “statut de votre objet”) ?
      In the dropdown list of “state of stock”, Could you tell me how I can modify the wording of sold out (replaced by “sold”) and “out of stock” (replaced by “reserved”) ?

Screenshot attached

Thanks a lot for your help
      Regards
      Aurélien

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

Please add this code to your site –

function wcfm_custom_1010_translate_text( $translated ) {
      	$translated = str_ireplace( 'inventory', 'Statut Objet', $translated );
      	$translated = str_ireplace( 'Stock status', 'Statut de votre objet', $translated );
      	$translated = str_ireplace( 'out of stock', 'Sold', $translated );
      	$translated = str_ireplace( 'on backorder', 'Reserved', $translated );
      	return $translated;
      }
      add_filter('gettext', 'wcfm_custom_1010_translate_text');
      add_filter('ngettext', 'wcfm_custom_1010_translate_text');

Add this code to your child theme’s functions.php
      In case you do not have child theme then add code using this plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/

Thank You

Hello,

Thanks a lot it works well !
      I would like to give the possibility for the vendor to put on his product image either “sold” or “Reserved”
      For the moment, only the possibility to put “sold” on the image works (code used below)(by using “soldout”).
      Now, I would like to add the possibility to put “Reserved” on the image. So I thnink I have to use the same type of code and use the third status object but I don’t know his name. There are “In stock”, “soldout or out of stock”, “repunishment”…I don’t know the exact name

Do you have an idea of the code to make ?

/* Display “Sold”=”vendu” (in french) on the image */

add_action( ‘woocommerce_before_shop_loop_item_title’, ‘wpm_display_sold_out_loop_woocommerce’ );// On l’affiche sur la page boutique
      add_action( ‘woocommerce_single_product_summary’, ‘wpm_display_sold_out_loop_woocommerce’ );// On l’affiche sur la page du produit seul

function wpm_display_sold_out_loop_woocommerce() {
      global $product;
      //Si le produit est en rupture de stock, on affiche :
      if ( !$product->is_in_stock() ) {
      echo ‘<span class=”soldout”>’ . __( ‘Vendu’, ‘woocommerce’ ) . ‘</span>’;
      }
      }

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Workaround inventory tab – add a tag on product’ is closed to new replies.