You guys leave out an IMPORTANT feature – intentionally?

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Ultimate You guys leave out an IMPORTANT feature – intentionally?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Brandon RIvers
      Participant

I’ve seen posts for the past 3-4 years on multiple websites asking for a search shortcode. You know, a searchbar code that allows you to replace the standard WordPress/WooCommerce searchbar in the header to be the WCFM search bar. Maybe from a general space on the webpage, and user may want to search for keywords, stores, or zip code and use a radius search. For example: “Shoes and sandals” and select “within 50 miles from me” … this should then show the map page with all stores that have those items within 50 miles of the user’s location.

Everything I have on my page has geolocation added and setup from the backend… but the search bar is not module. Why?

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Sorry for the delayed response.
      Could you please tell me, why can’t you use the Store list page for this purpose? It has the location, radius search, category filtering, and everything else that a user might need. Take a look at our demo- https://wcfmmp.wcfmdemos.com/stores/
      Let me know
      Thanks.

Brandon RIvers
      Participant

Do you not realize the horrible user experience with a WooCommerce product you created?

When customers come to the store, there is a search bar on the front page… why not have the ability to move the store search bar up there as an option? On the front page, I want customers to be able to search for a product and a store shows up. And that radius search being important: “show me bronze statues within 50 miles.” Right now they have to go to a separate page…

There has to be a shortcode somewhere that allows the search bar to be placed anywhere on the site without the map. And when you add the search term, it THEN loads the store search page and shows the results.

gorkkirk
      Participant

I am also interested in this function

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hi,
      You can search for products based on the store’s location inside your WooCommerce Shop page. To do so, go to WCFM admin Settings >> Geo Location tab and enable Product List Radius Search checkbox. You can even skip the map display using the following filter-
      add_filter( 'wcfmmp_is_allow_product_list_map', '__return_false' );
      Both stores and products can’t be searched from a single page though.
      Thank You!

Brandon RIvers
      Participant

… so in other words, you just repeated yourself to say that your code can’t even make a shortcode to show search box that then loads results onto a new page?

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hi,
      No, there is none. At least not in the form of a readymade shortcode which you can then put anywhere on the website. I’ll pass this request to our Dev team.
      Thank You!

Sandra Gonzales
      Participant

I as well am having struggles with the main search bar – Vendors want to be able to be found through the search function so that if someone types in the main search box their store name that the search results will show their page. Its hard to fathom that this is not possible? If they are separate search functions why can’t we swap out the search boxes on our main pages?

Sushobhan
      Keymaster

Hi Sandra,
      I didn’t say “this is not possible”. I just meant, WCFM doesn’t offer this as of now. Though we have this on our future roadmap.
      Thank You!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.