A few really useful features

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Unai

Hey there,

I have no idea if the features I would like to request are difficult to implement or not, so apologies if they seem crazy or something like that. They are just honest suggestions about a few problems that I have encountered while building my website.

The work you are doing is awesome and I really appreciate it guys, keep it up!

1- In the Withdrawal section, where you can see the withdrawal requests from different vendors and sort the requests by order status (approved, requested…) and by vendor. It would be nice to have another filter that would let you see the withdrawal requests by time. Like, sort withdrawal requests by: Last 7 days, last 14 days…. or only show requests that are older than 14 days, for example.

That way, if you want to let’s say pay all your vendors every 2 weeks, you can enable the “Auto-generate withdrawal requests by product order status” option and let the requests sit there until you are ready to pay. And with this new filter option, it would be easier to pick those requests that are older than 14 days and pay them. This would be helpful if you had a 14 day refund threshold policy, for example, because it would help you not paying a vendor by mistake for an order that is not yet out of the refund policy threshold. It is not something necessary or anything, but I think it could be handy if you want to do something like that.

2- Forgive me if this is something that can already be done; I have been trying to do it but couldn’t find a way to, so I assumed that the feature was not implemented. It would be really helpful if you could request withdrawals for vendors from your admin user, if that makes sense, so you don’t have to log out, then log in as a vendor (if the vendor account is yours), then request withdrawals.

This would be useful for testing purposes, and to help out vendors that maybe can’t figure out how to do it themselves.

3- I think that a reset or maybe a filter(?) feature for the “Commissions by Sales” option would be extremely helpful. Let me explain.

Right now, the “Commissions by Sales” option takes into account all the sales a vendor had had, EVER. From my point of view, this commissions option is useful so you can charge more to sellers that have been selling a lot and are doing really well.

But if this option takes into account ALL the sales EVER and it never resets itself, then even small vendors would have A LOT of gross sales after a year or two. So, even if they are not really making a lot money on a monthly basis, this “Commissions by Sales” option would be charging them a high commission because it would assume that they are selling a lot.

So I think that, when you enable the “Commission by Sales” option, maybe a drop-down menu or something like that should appear that would let you pick the amount of time you would like to have into account when calculating commissions. Like, Up to/over 1000 Weekly,2 weeks, monthly, year…

Hope this makes sense. I really think that a feature like this is a must.

4- The vendor list (where you can see the list of all your vendors) shows some information bits that are super helpful, like whether they are verified or not, the name of the store, gross sales and paid fees…. But there is something that I think would be really useful, and that is the VAT number (or equivalent, depends on the country) or the company number, or both.

That way, if you download the PDF file for example, you could have all those legal things in just one single PDF, instead of having to write them down somewhere else on your own to keep track of them. Having this type of information readily available and in an easy place to see could make your life easier as a marketplace operator, specially since (at least in Europe) you are now required by law to ensure that sellers using your platform are properly registered etc. You could just take a quick look to this list to make sure that everything is in order and that would be it.

Since some sellers don’t need to be registered for VAT or as a company because maybe they sell things as a hobby or whatever, this information could be optional.

5- This feature request is also about VAT/company numbers. At least in Europe, marketplace operators are not required by law to display each sellers VAT number on their website, to show transparency and that the sellers is properly registered etc. This only applies for those sellers that are actually required by law to be registered, of course.

Anyways, it would be really useful if you could add some sort of custom fields for this. I think they could be displayed in the banner of each shop, along with their email, address etc, but that would be really up to you. This is rather important since not displaying their VAT number etc would get you (a marketplace operator) in serious legal problems.

That’s about it for now. I’m sorry for the long post guys, I just have been thinking about these things for a while and wanted to talk to you about them.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your work!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Thanks for the suggestion. We will definitely look into this.

EK
      Participant

Up-vote for points 1 and 3 specially. Looks like you are from EU and know what is needed here 😉

All valid points and will make the plugin much more stronger. We follow.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

1- In the Withdrawal section, where you can see the withdrawal requests from different vendors and sort the requests by order status (approved, requested
) and by vendor. It would be nice to have another filter that would let you see the withdrawal requests by time. Like, sort withdrawal requests by: Last 7 days, last 14 days
. or only show requests that are older than 14 days, for example.

– We will definitely add that.

2- Forgive me if this is something that can already be done; I have been trying to do it but couldn’t find a way to, so I assumed that the feature was not implemented. It would be really helpful if you could request withdrawals for vendors from your admin user, if that makes sense, so you don’t have to log out, then log in as a vendor (if the vendor account is yours), then request withdrawals.

– No, it’s not there. If you set “Periodic” or “Order Status” withdrawal then withdrawal will be automatically generated!

3- I think that a reset or maybe a filter(?) feature for the “Commissions by Sales” option would be extremely helpful. Let me explain.

– Well, this has no setting but possible to manage using filter. If you want to consider only last month sales or last year sales … that’s possible.

4 & 5 – These are vary depending upon marketplace and country. So didn’t add those all those by default, but possible to show such information easily.

Store Invoice Module – https://wclovers.com/knowledgebase/wcfm-store-invoice/

If you add Vat number field for invoice and vendor added that then it will be visible to store invoices.

Thank You

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘A few really useful features’ is closed to new replies.