About products and taxes

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Unai

Hey there,

Probably a dumb question, but could anyone be able to tell me the difference between “Catalog”, “Virtual” and “Downloadable”, and what it means to pick one or the other (or more than one) for the product?
      I know that picking “Catalog” or “Downloadable” opens up an area to configure the catalog mode and another one to upload whatever files constitute the downloadable product, but what about the “Virtual” option? What does it do?

And what in the hell is the “Catalog Mode”? What does it do?

Also, kind of unrelated to the previous topic.
      How do you guys deal with the taxes? Being an online marketplace means that even though you are not selling products yourself, you are selling a service all around the world.
      Let’s say that I’m based in the UK, and one of the sellers in my marketplace sells a product to someone in the EEUU. Do you have any idea what my duties as a marketplace operator would be? What documents or information about the whole transaction should I gather? What to do with that information?
      Like, would I be liable for any unpaid taxes unpaid in that transaction even though it has had nothing to do with the country I’m residing and where my company is based?

What do you guys think? What do you recommend?

Thanks!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

“Catalog”, “Virtual” and “Downloadable”,

– Catalog – it’s for hide product price and add to cart to option, just list this for enquiry (https://wclovers.com/knowledgebase/wcfm-catalog-mode/)
      – Virtual – Digital product, no shipping require
      – Downloadable – Where customer will get something to download after purchase, e.g. e-book, software etc ..

Well, WCFM does not have any special Tax module, it works by respecting WC default Tax system.

Thank You

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘About products and taxes’ is closed to new replies.