Automatically syncronizing vendor store location with product location (worked?)

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Marketplace (WooCommerce Multivendor Marketplace) Automatically syncronizing vendor store location with product location (worked?)

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      JulienCKJM
      Participant

Hello, I’d like to know wheather this feature (discussed in the link below) has been added in the end and if so, how can I enable it please?

https://wclovers.com/forums/topic/automatically-syncronizing-vendor-store-location-with-product-location/
      Similar one also below:
      https://wclovers.com/forums/topic/search-products-by-countries-and-states-shipped-to/

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Well, this feature is already there.

But for this you will require this plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/geo-my-wp/

Well, product location sync from vendor’s store location.

Thank You

JulienCKJM
      Participant

Unfortunately I don’t use geo-my-wp because of some issue with my map api (I’m trying to solve the issue)
      But what I’m asking is simply refert to the account details of the user (his town for instance, not necessarily pin-pointing his precise location) then display the products that match with his area from the vendor’s shop location (also just the general area where his store is located) whithout again any need for pin point map location. Basically it will be just to show products that match with his town or area from the vendor’s town also. Those details would be already available in the account details of both vendor and customer with no need of google map or geo my wp

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Do you want to search products by location?

Thank You

JulienCKJM
      Participant

Yes but more than that, is it possible to display for a particular user the products available only for his area based on the address (the town or city) that he put when he registered? In th way that the site would look for matchings between products from vendors’ address and the user’s address then put those products first in the shop page. This option could be something called “filter products by your area (or city)”

JulienCKJM
      Participant

So is it possible to do that?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Yeah possible, but then we have to take input user location as soon as they will start browsing the site!

Thank You

JulienCKJM
      Participant

Yes you can do that, but even without google maps or geo my wp but only display the products based on the city’s name that was input by the customer in his address details (and if the city’s name was not input by the user, then all the products in the shop page will be displayed to him regardless of areas or vendors). It is just a matter of names and not necessarily the location. I don’t know if you get what I’m trying to say, but it should be really simply, because you have already in the shops list page that function available when a user can search a shop based on its area (state, city). You could use the same methode for products now as I just explain above. Thank you!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

only display the products based on the city’s name that was input by the customer in his address details (and if the city’s name was not input by the user, then all the products in the shop page will be displayed to him regardless of areas or vendors).

– Great … that’s possible easily.

Please reach us here – https://wclovers.com/woocommerce-multivendor-customization/
      I will give you code for this.

Thank You

JulienCKJM
      Participant

Thanks, I’ll get there right away

JulienCKJM
      Participant

Hello, I haven’t received the code yet. Are you still writing it? May it take too much time?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Will give you soon, keep a bit patience please.

JulienCKJM
      Participant

Thanks a lot, I’m gonna check it out!!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

We have added product list filter using user location option added in WCFM Marketplace latest update, 3.2.0

Please enable this from WCFM Admin Setting -> GEO Location and take a look.

Thank You

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.