Bug with HUGE security risk

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      lewis
      Participant

Hi team,
      I found a bug that is very problematic in terms of security and confidentiality.
      Basically, I discovered that a simple vendor can see all posts, no matter what his permissions are at the role level.
      I discovered that a seller with no administrator rights can see the content of all posts, even those in draft, even those in the trash, even those private, EVEN those protected by a password!!!

To do so, the admin creates a notice.
      Then, the seller will be able to see the notice by clicking on a link which will look like this:
      mydomain.com/admin/wcfm-notice-view/1002
      The “1002” refers to a post id. If the seller changes this number to any other number, he will see the title and content of the post having this id.
      For example, admin changed the first post ever that was initially like “welcome to wordpress” and added sensitive data to other site administrators and add the password-protected post option.
      The seller, if he go to mydomain.com/admin/wcfm-notice-view/1 will see the title and the content, without even having to add a password.

Please look into it.

Im here to help and test anything else if you need to 🙂

-Lewis, WCFM lover

sdel_nevo
      Participant

HI

I can confirm this works for me too !!!

logged in as a vendor, went to

/store-manager/notice-view/104002/

where 104002 is the id of a product posted by another vendor and the details are visible!! to this vendor

Steve

lewis
      Participant

(+ the topic date seems to be broken, i get the current date and time instead of date and time of when the notice was created)

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

We will definitely take care of this in coming update!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Bug with HUGE security risk’ is closed to new replies.