Can a city shipping zone used along with a general state shipping zone setting?

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM – Marketplace (WooCommerce Multivendor Marketplace) Can a city shipping zone used along with a general state shipping zone setting?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      PS

Hi,

For my project I setting up shipping by zones, and I have set up multiple zones within the country for each major city in each state and set shipping option as “store shipping” so vendors can choose their own options for each zone.

But if I have a zone setup for a particular city within a state with its own delivery options, I dont have shipping options for the rest of the state unless I create another zone for the state as a whole.

But when I do that for the state, then the zone I created for that city within that state doesn’t show its own specific delivery options, it will show the delivery options set up for the state as whole.

How do we make it so both the specific city zone settings and the rest of the state settings can present its shipping options depending on where the customer’s delivery postal code is?

Thank you

PS

Anyone?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Well, WooCommerce does not support this for ZONE shipping.

You may setup country wise shipping for the purpose.

Thank You

Craig
      Participant

If we use “country wide” shipping we are only able to restrict our shipping costs down to a province or state.

How can we also change the shipping cost for a city? For example if we want to do “local shipping” costs in my city to be different than the rest of my state/province?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

How can we also change the shipping cost for a city?

– It’s possible, by using custom coding. As first we have to create state -> city mapping as WooCommerce does not have any city preference! Hope you see that, WC checkout city field is a normal text input.

Thank You

MS Shohan

Can you please send us a snippet for doing so?

Thank you.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

This is not possible using code snippet.

It requires serious custom development, and this will be a paid one.

If you are interested then please contact us here – https://wclovers.com/woocommerce-multivendor-customization/

Thank You

Craig
      Participant

I’m still very confused by the shipping options offered by WC Lovers. Shipping is one of the most important aspects to eCommerce and if the marketplace owner is confused then the vendor is certainly going to be confused.

When I read through this:
      https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/setting-up-shipping-zones/

it states that:
      “Shipping zones match customer address from top to bottom — the first to match the customer address is always used. If no custom zones match, then Locations not covered by your other zones is used.”

So can you please explain to me how the shipping zones for the WC Lovers plugin work? Because we can’t get them to work as they are stated in the wooCommerce support. https://wclovers.com/knowledgebase/wcfm-marketplace-store-shipping/

When we set up the zone shipping are we supposed to ONLY “In the Shipping method popup select Store Shipping from the dropdown and save all changes.” or do we need to add the all the zone shipping methods as well? or ONLY “Store Shipping”

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

“Shipping zones match customer address from top to bottom — the first to match the customer address is always used. If no custom zones match, then Locations not covered by your other zones is used.”

– Hope WooCommerce shipping clear to you! Do you have find out any “city wise” shipping setting option under WooCommerce shipping setting?

WC Zone shipping only allow ZIP code restriction – https://ibb.co/YWk8Kzn

But WCFM Marketplace offers ZIP and City both restrictions. For city this addon is required – https://wordpress.org/plugins/wc-city-select/

WooCommerce has no “City” support, it supports only Country, State and ZIP code.

WCFM Marketplace zone shipping works exactly same as WC default zone shipping, but it has more flexibility.

Thank You

Craig
      Participant

When we set up the zone shipping are we supposed to ONLY “In the Shipping method popup select Store Shipping from the dropdown and save all changes.” or do we need to add the all the zone shipping methods as well? or ONLY “Store Shipping”

Craig
      Participant

Thanks for the information on the wild cards. I see my error – I need to put them on separate lines

“to further narrow which customers match this zone. For example, you can set a local zone with a specific set of postcodes (one per line); a range of postcodes (e.g. 90210…99000), or use wildcards (e.g. CB23*).”

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Craig
      Participant

I think some critical information is missing from WCFM marketplace shipping set up instructions.

I think you need to state that when ADMIN is setting up the zones and selecting the shipping methods of the zone that ONLY the “store shipping” method is to be added.
      If you add the other methods you will get errors.
      Vendors will still be able to add free shipping, flat rate, local pick up shipping methods inside their vendor settings though.

Attachments:
      Craig
      Participant

I have encountered another error

When I try to add the postal codes on different lines (using the ENTER button, also tried ctrl+ENTER, shift+ENTER, alt+ENTER) I get this error

“Error: URI Too Long”

Do you know why this is happening?

Attachments:
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

– Store Shipping will only enable vendor shipping. If you want to setup Admin shipping rates then add other methods and setup, but it’s upto Admin.

I think you need to state that when ADMIN is setting up the zones and selecting the shipping methods of the zone that ONLY the “store shipping” method is to be added.
      If you add the other methods you will get errors.

– It’s not right. Admin always allow to add own shipping methods and shipping rates. Even, if any vendor does not setup own shipping rates then Admin rates will work for him. All methods add, no issues – https://ibb.co/F8p2cD5

When I try to add the postal codes on different lines (using the ENTER button, also tried ctrl+ENTER, shift+ENTER, alt+ENTER) I get this error

“Error: URI Too Long”

– Look, it’s clearly written, postcodes should be comma separated – https://ibb.co/4Sz3Gbr
      Then, why “Enter”?

to further narrow which customers match this zone. For example, you can set a local zone with a specific set of postcodes (one per line); a range of postcodes (e.g. 90210…99000), or use wildcards (e.g. CB23*).”

– For WCFM Marketplace shipping “wildcards” no need to add (*), just add “CB23”

To make this functional now a code snippet required, but we will add that in core in next update –

add_filter( 'wcfmmp_shipping_postcode_check_rule', function( $is_allow, $destination_postcode, $postcode_array ) {
      	if( !empty( $postcode_array ) ) {
      		foreach( $postcode_array as $postcode ) {
      			if( substr( $destination_postcode, 0, strlen( $postcode ) ) === $postcode ) $is_allow = true;
      		}
      	}
      	return $is_allow;
      }, 50, 3 );

Thank You

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Can a city shipping zone used along with a general state shipping zone setting?’ is closed to new replies.