Membership cancellation

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      dale
      Participant

I think there’s something wrong with the forum – I tried to post something but it asked me for name and email even though I was logged in. And then when I put name and email and posted it’s not there! Now it’s not asking for my name/email…. This is what I tried to post:

I’m using WCMp, WCFM Membership and WCFM Ultimate.

1. Since the upgrade there doesn’t seem to be any way for the member to cancel their membership and I’m sure there was before. When clicking on “change or upgrade your membership plan” it just goes to the list of memberships available. How does the member cancel?

2. We have a “Basic Membership” with gives 14 days free trial and then a monthly payment. When they cancel their membership they become part of the “non-member membership” with no capabilities. My client is concerned that people might then try to upgrade to the Basic Membership again and therefore have another 14 days free trial. Is that the case?
      I thought an option could be to remove the 14 days free trial from Basic and make a Free Trial membership but with Free membership there’s no option to set the number of days it’s available. If I set up a membership which has 14 days free trial and leave the monthly amount blank will it automatically stop working after 14 days? What would be the best way of doing this?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

“When they cancel their membership they become part of the “non-member membership” with no capabilities.” – can you please define this a bit more?

1. Are they able to access their dashboard anymore?
      2. What will happen to their products?

Thank You

dale
      Participant

“When they cancel their membership they become part of the “non-member membership” with no capabilities.” When we were first setting this up I was told there had to be a membership to which a cancelled member would belong to. So I set up a membership called Non-member. They can’t add products or anything except view their profile. See this thread, reply #23435 https://wclovers.com/forums/topic/membership-cancellation/

1. They can access the dashboard but in their Profile there is no longer an option to cancel the membership, only upgrade.

2. I don’t know. What happens to their products when a vendor doesn’t renew their membership? I presume they would no longer be for sale.

dale
      Participant

I would really appreciate an answer to this. Currently a member can’t cancel their membership and I’m sure this is only after the last update. See screenshot.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Yeah that’s right.

We have disabled “cancel” option. But vendors are allowed to change their membership plan anytime.

Hope you have noticed that, in latest version we have added “Disable Vendor” option.

So do you want your vendors cancel their membership and become “Disable” one?

Thank You

dale
      Participant

Yes I see you have added the Disable Vendor function. But if a vendor has been a member for 3 months and decide they no longer want to pay for a membership there has to be a way for them to be able to cancel it. Otherwise they would have to contact the owner which would require additional work for the site owner to manually disable the vendor.

I understood from a previous forum post that they had to be added to a “disabled” membership but if they don’t have to that then it would be better. The main thing is they must be able to cancel membership and before the latest version I thought they could.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

You are right, this will be a additional burden for Admin. Not right at all!

We will definitely add this option in next update be.

There will be a setting to define Membership Cancel actions as well.

Thanks for pointing out this.

Next update will be there within this week.

dale
      Participant

We just updated to 4.1.3 from 4.1.2 but don’t see any change on the cancellation option. When will that be available?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Membership Cancellation option will come from WCfM Membership. It’s new version will be there by tomorrow.

Thank You

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

WCfM – Membership 2.0.0 has just released.

It comes with many new features including “Cancellation Rules”

Kindly update yours and take a look.

Thank You

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Membership cancellation’ is closed to new replies.