Multiple Stores Owned By Admin

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      RawrBear
      Participant

Hey guys,

Here’s my problem. I have multiple suppliers in the US and they are not part of some plugin or dropshipping program.
      I want to be able to dropship their products but shipping is causing a problem.
      Here’s how I see it.

I sell products from my state and collect sales tax, woocommerce doesn’t need to change anything, just go about its business.
      I tag products to warehouse/supplier A. When customer checks out, their shipping cost is calculated based on the address of the supplier, NOT my store address.

So lets say I sell Blue Widgets from BlueWidget Inc. They are based in Cali. Customer in Oregon buys 2 Blue Widgets from me. I want the shipping to reflect that it’s coming from CA and not my state NY.

I installed Marketplace and tried to set up seperate stores for each supplier but I can’t link the Vendor Email to my admin address, it says that it’s already in use. I don’t want my suppliers to have to come to my site and deal with inventory or have to mess with getting password emails from me. All they should see is the orders.

Any options for what I want to do? I feel like this shouldn’t be a hard thing to do considering how advanced your plugin is. I feel like what I need would be a stripped down version but I can’t figure it out.

Hopefully, someone can suggest a fix. Thanks guys!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

I tag products to warehouse/supplier A. When customer checks out, their shipping cost is calculated based on the address of the supplier, NOT my store address.

– Well, so suppliers are vendors for you site, right?

You have to setup supplier wise shipping setting for the purpose- https://wclovers.com/knowledgebase/wcfm-marketplace-store-shipping/

Thank You

web-3134
      Participant

Hi, I would like to do something simpler: in order to populate the Store Map and the Store List, I would like (as Admin) to add a number of Stores without Products (let’s say a listings website) so no sell is involved at the moment. Later on the real owners can claim those businesses (like you can do on Google or Facebook) and become Vendors. Is it possible? Any idea on how to do it? At the moment I think that I can just have a Store assigned to a Registered user as a Vendor, meaning 1 Store per 1 User, am I right?

I could use a standalone listings plugin, but then I will have 2 separate maps: 1 map with listing businesses (all added by Admin) and 1 map with stores (WCFM Vendors).

Please let me know if there is a workaround. Thanks.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.