Refunds With SCA & Stripe Split Payment And Separate Charges & Transfer

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM Refunds With SCA & Stripe Split Payment And Separate Charges & Transfer

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi Guys

I have started a new thread here so its easier to keep track off

on this thread here i asked about how refunds worked

my problem is this, vendors do not want to wait to received there sales revenue, they need it at the point of sale, so withholding this for X amount of days will not work for us. not only that but stripe recommend this is not the action marketplaces take

but, as customers are entitled to refunds 14 days after the date of delivery, we have no way of refunding this money

as an example

(customer A) purchases a T-Shirt from vendor 1 for £10
      vendor 1 receives the sales money (£9.45) after 3.5% +0.20P commission has been deducted

7 days later vendor 1 gets these funds to there bank account

12 days later (customer A) requests a refund

our platform is responsible for this the whole £10 and as such it will be deducted from our stripe balance in full

we are now owed this money from (vendor 1)

how do we get that back?

when we used split pay with direct charges, this was not an issue as
      the vendor was responsible for refunds, chargebacks etc

but now our platform is, this is a complete legal change, not only to mention a financial one too

how can we recover these refunds from vendors when they have already had the funds moved to there bank accounts?

I hope this makes sense

Steve

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi

this document https://stripe.com/docs/connect/charges-transfers#reversing-transfers is what I was sent via stripe, but it seems that there no way to claim money back from a connected account

Steve

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Refunds With SCA & Stripe Split Payment And Separate Charges & Transfer’ is closed to new replies.