Stripe Checkout for split payments – When will it be implemented?

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Multi Vendor Marketplace Plugin | WCFM Marketplace Forums WCFM Stripe Checkout for split payments – When will it be implemented?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      me
      Participant

We have been going back and forth since summer about your SCA implementation, you kept saying “don’t worry”, and the latest promise I got from you was implementing Stripe Checkout with Direct Charges for single-vendor orders. Several other customers expressed they “need it as well”. I’m begging you to please help us with this already.

This is not only possible technically, but according to Stripe, it’s “the quickest way” to implement payments, and it only requires “a few lines of code”. And you promised to implement it. (“We will implement that, no worries!“)
      I even tried doing it myself, but understanding your code in class-wcfmmp-gateway-stripe_split.php is beyond my skillset.

Checkout has been available for a very long time, here is another multivendor product announcing its implementation (including direct charges) in September already.

When can we expect this to be resolved?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi

to be honest, I’m completely confused about this situation now, stripe have said to me in conversations that SCA supports direct charges with multiple vendors, not just single (which kind of defeats the whole point of a marketplace)

https://wclovers.com/forums/topic/sca-stripe/

I do not understand how stripe say it does work, and you guys say it doesn’t.

I have been in touch regularly with stripe and each time I ask them I get the same reply, SCA works with Direct charges and multivendor marketplaces (more than one product in a customers basket from different vendors) and splits the funds accordingly.

I simply called the stripe support and spoke to them asking if what we do now in terms of direct charges and split pay works with SCX enabled

personally speaking, if your solution is to limit this to single vendor transactions at a time, (purchasing form one vendor only at a time) then what’s the point in having a marketplace at all!!

I don’t understand how stripe say it can be done, and you say it cant

is it a misunderstanding perhaps, who nows but I’m confused as hell over it

Steve

me
        Participant

I also spoke with stripe support and our conclusion was that direct charges with SCA is only possible through Checkout right now, which only works with single vendor orders. WCFM support says the same, and the Shopify implementation I linked above also confirms it. I only deal with appointment bookings so I don’t need to support multivendor orders. But even in your case, I’m pretty sure 90+% of the orders will be single-vendor ones, handling the exceptions with an alternative method is unlikely to have a fatal impact on your business. The problem might look much bigger than it actually is in practice.

However, I started this thread to specifically ask about the Stripe Checkout implementation which has been explicitly promised to me months ago, as quoted. I’m convinced that this would help you massively as well, given that most orders in most marketplaces are not multivendor anyway. About questions unrelated to Stripe Checkout as a method, I suggest starting a separate thread. It’s super important to me that my specific question doesn’t get lost in a general SCA-debate.

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi Me

Point taken mate, sorry for jumping in
      if I could delete my post I would

Steve

me
        Participant

no worries 🙂

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

to be honest, I’m completely confused about this situation now, stripe have said to me in conversations that SCA supports direct charges with multiple vendors, not just single (which kind of defeats the whole point of a marketplace)

– Pleas ask Stripe to provide API documentation link for this.

Thank You

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi

well it appears I owe you all an apology

After speaking to stripe today for well over an hour it does appear that the only way multiple purchases can happen is by Creating separate charges and transfers

I think its a terminology thing, I don’t understand any of it

the documentation here https://stripe.com/docs/connect/charges-transfers they have stated during my chat session

It’s currently in Beta but it’s completely public and functional. The only thing not rolled out is the ability to use Separate Charges and Transfers with accounts that aren’t in the same region (ex. UK platform and US connected account)

I will have no choice but to move to this method so that the site is compliant with SCA regulations

the only thing i have to work out now is how i implement it

Steve

me
      Participant

Well, it seems my original question will simply be ignored, which I find quite an interesting attitude from customer support.
      I guess what they mean by ignoring me is something like this:

“Apologies, we made you that promise by mistake, Stripe Checkout is not actually something we are planning to implement. Here are some hints on how you can implement it yourself, or contact us for paid customization request if you need help.”

This would be an acceptable answer. Frankly, I don’t understand why they decided it’s better to arrogantly stonewall their own customers on legitimate questions. It’s mindblowingly unprofessional.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

the documentation here https://stripe.com/docs/connect/charges-transfers they have stated during my chat session

– WCFM Marketplace already using this API for SCA Stripe Split payment.

Direct Charge not yet working with SCA Split payment when an order contains multiple vendors. Possible to make this work only if one order has one vendor’s products.

Thank You

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi guys

“Possible to make this work only if one order has one vendor’s products“

How can we implement that,

If this is the only way that direct charges can work and be SCA compliant then this is the only option we have

Please can you tell us how I can use direct charges this way

Steve

sdel_nevo
      Participant
      This reply has been marked as private.
      nxumalo.siyabonga
      Participant
      This reply has been marked as private.
      WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Please use this plugin for the purpose- https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-checkout-field-editor-pro/

Thank You

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Stripe Checkout for split payments – When will it be implemented?’ is closed to new replies.