Stripe Trial peroid

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi Guys

I was reading the support posts at wordpress.org and came across this post

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/trial-period-stripe-fails-using-wcfm-marketplace-platform-woocommerce-multive/

this is the same problem as I have faced,

the trial period is being ignored and the fee is taken straight away

will this be resolved in a coming update, it will be great to be able to offer trial periods

Steve

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

OK, we are checking this.

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi guys

Thanks, that will be fantastic

Steve

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Well, we have test this. In this case Stripe charge as per plan setting under Stripe account.

Now, Stripe does not support Trial Amount, trial period should be a FREE one! https://ibb.co/5cGfQGB

There is no option to set trail amount for Stripe plan – https://ibb.co/syqkbmy

So, if you set Trial period then it will not charge any amount at the time of subscription, otherwise it will charge First billing amount.

Thank You

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi Guys

ok, but there was an issue with your split pay when using the free trial. the trial was being charged the full amount

for example

if I have a membership for £9.99 per month with a 1-month free trial
      when vendors signed up, £9.99 was getting charged straight away, instead of £0

I did raise this on the forums a while back
      https://wclovers.com/forums/topic/trial-period-not-working-version-2-5-6/

has that issue been resolved in previous updates? I haven’t seen that one listed on the changelogs

Steve

sdel_nevo
      Participant

Hi Guys

I have just tested this on my staging site and can confirm that the free trial is not working

when signing up, the membership plugin says £0 but the test card is charged the full amount

Steve

me
      Participant

Any updates on this?
      More than a week had passed.
      Critical issues like this should at the very least receive a “will get back to you as soon as possible” type of vanilla answer, instead of simply refusing to reply once it gets difficult.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Well, we have already replied the actual author if this topic over email, so do not replied here.

Critical issues like this should at the very least receive a “will get back to you as soon as possible” type of vanilla answer, instead of simply refusing to reply once it gets difficult.

– If something is not possible by us or our addon we directly mentioned that. There is no chance of ignoring and hold things in our hand.

Thank You

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi Guys,

An update on this topic –

We have updated Stripe API (SCA Compatible) in latest WCFM Membership, 2.7

Stripe new API does not support “Trial Period” setting at Stripe Plan level at your Stripe account. if you have set anything their then remove that otherwise user will not able to pay using Stripe.

Trial period is still functional, you just have to specify that at WCFM Membership Manage -> Subscription tab

Stripe Trial period is always FREE as before.

Thank You

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Stripe Trial peroid’ is closed to new replies.