Talkjs

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      pdishman
      Participant

Hello,
      I do not want to use Talkjs. There are numerous chat programs that are better and FREE. Such as Tawk.to which is a superb chat program and FREE. I actually tried to add the tawk.to site id and key, but no luck. So can I use a chat program other than Talkjs, I’m not paying for a program when there are better ones out there for free.

Thanks for your help!

pdishman
      Participant

Check out Tawk.to – maybe you can add that module to your chat box instead of Talkjs!

Thanks!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

That’s right Talkjs too costly and there has many other chat solution in lower cost or even in free.

But issue, is multi-vendor compatibility. No other chat library compatible with vendors. You may use those as Admin, but not for vendors!

If you can give any alternate vendor chat library, we will definitely integrate that!

Thank You

pdishman
      Participant

Please look at Tawk.to I think it will integrate. I have noted that when you go to the wcfm chat box settings, there is a place to add Site ID and Secret Key (which i imagine is API Key). When each vendor signs up for their personal FREE Tawk.to account, they get a site ID number and API key.

Take a look, hopefully this is the answer!

Thanks!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

We have already checked this solution.

If Admin and Vendor both insert their API key then how chat server will recognize, which is right for which page?

Vendor support is a different concept, where Vendor account works as sub-user account for Admin, but this is not supported by any Chat solution except Talk.js

There is only good news, we are creating our own Chat server for such purpose!

Thank You

ing.rapparini
      Participant

You’ve telling me you’re about to release a chat…you told me end of February…
      Are still in process?

It will be great for us.

Thanks

pdishman
      Participant

Ok, got it! Looking forward to working chat function!

Support

This is a good idea, if you have a beta version, would love to test it for you!

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Sorry, not yet!

I will know you as we will have this 🙂

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Talkjs’ is closed to new replies.