Vendor Direct Cryptocurrency Payments

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ulrich.patrickr
      Participant

The major draw to cryptocurrencies is their ability to decentralize services. I have a website that allows people to spend a cryptocurrency but I have to accept it as a payment to the store and then redistribute it out to the vendor. With this core value to cryptocurrencies some of my vendors would prefer to have payments routed directly to them and have my site act as a monitor for when the payment occurs. Since cryptocurrencies rely on a public ledger this should be feasible and a perfect tie in for public marketplaces. Is this something that WCLovers would consider working towards supporting?

In regards to Bitcoin, the most popular cryptocurrency, there’s a plugin for WooCommerce that allows for this functionality. It’s called Crypto Woo and they have a plugin for Dokan listed on their website (https://www.cryptowoo.com/shop/cryptowoo-dokan-multivendor-addon/) but no support for WCfM. Would this be something that could be incorporated to support cryptocurrency users who want to accept BTC, LTC, DOGE, BLK, DASH, VTC, and BCH?

Additionally the currency I use for my site is STEEM. I accept payments directly to my account but monitor the payments from a WooCommerce plugin called WooCommerce Steem Payment Method (https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-steem-payment-method/; https://github.com/sagescrub/woocommerce-steem-payment-method). This allows me to give the WooCommerce plugin my Steem username and it will create an invoice with a special payment memo code. It then uses a public api to monitor for any transactions that occur for my listed memo sent to my listed account. To better integrate, I have recently converted your MobilePay plugin for payment gateway for WCfM Marketplace into a Steem option. This is a tremendous help but as I said before my customers would prefer the ability to list their own username, as I do in the direct WooCommerce Steem Payment Method, during vendor registration and then have the store manage the monitoring without accepting the funds directly. Would there be any chance of adding support for WooCommerce Steem Payment Method within WCfM Marketplace?

Sorry for the long winded two part question. I tried to give as many details and reference points as possible but if you have any questions please let me know!

ing.rapparini
      Participant

This will be useful also for me…and I think for many others…
      thanks

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

We will add this option soon..

Thank You

ulrich.patrickr
      Participant

I’ve contacted CryptoWoo and I was mistaken regarding their plugin. They do not support vendor direct payments even on Dokan. Instead they offer similar to what I’ve been using BTCPayServer for in that they are just accepting all vendor’s payments into the admin’s bitcoin account. We would still need to make a payment from Admin account out to each Vendor for their order using CryptoWoo.

Ideally I’m looking for something that’s similar to what https://homesteaderscoop.com is doing. They will let each vendor assign their Steem username and when someone tries to pay for their cart the payment is routed directly to the vendor and not taken to the admin’s account at all. They’ve even built support to ensure only one vendors item can be added to the cart at a time to ensure payment is routed to the correct vendor. I would be ecstatic if the WCLover solution could work similar to this.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Vendor Direct Cryptocurrency Payments’ is closed to new replies.