Vendor Shipping Classes

We're shifting our Forum based support to a more dedicated support system!

We'll be closing our Forum support from 10th June, 2020 and move to Email Support assistance.

• If you are a WCFM premium add-ons user, contact us- here
  • Want to know more before buying our add-ons? Send Pre sale queries- here
  • If you are a WCFM free user, please open a support ticket at WordPress.org
  • For WCFM App related queries, reach us- here
From now the forum will be read-only!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Kevin

Before, the vendor could only access there personal store shipping class, now it gives them the option of every vendors shipping class as well as any additional created shipping classes to choose from. Is there anyway to control this so it goes back to being just their own shipping class?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Which multi-vendor plugin you are using?

WC Marketplace OR WCFM Marketplace?

WC Marketplace has concept of allowing vendors only their own shipping classes.

But in WCFM Marketplace there is no such restriction. Vendor may set cost for all shipping classes fro their shipping zone setting.

Thank You

Kevin

I am using WooCommerce Multivendor Marketplace. I remember before when I was setting it up, vendor would only be able to select “vendor-1” shipping class. Seems like after some of the updating now in shipping class they have “vendor-1” “vendor-2″…… “vendor-500” etc, to choose from. As a vendor, you already have your shipping rules set in the settings but having to scroll thru every other shipping option available makes it a hassle. Any way to make it so only the vendors personal shipping class is available?

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the details, you are using WCFM marketplace now.

“I remember before when I was setting it up, vendor would only be able to select “vendor-1” shipping class. Seems like after some of the updating now in shipping class they have “vendor-1” “vendor-2″…… “vendor-500” etc, to choose from.”
      – This is WC Marketplace shipping concept. They only allow a particular shipping class to each vendor.

WCFM Marketplace vendor shipping is more robust, vendors has may flexibility.
      Please check this once – https://wclovers.com/knowledgebase/wcfm-marketplace-store-shipping/

In one word, vendors are allowed to setup shipping same as admin can do from WC shipping setting.

If you are a bit confused, then I can setup shipping for your demo vendor account.

Thank You

Kevin

So hypothetically, if on the admin side there were no shipping classes setup, from the vendor side when listing a product the only option would be “no shipping class” and it would automatically default to their store settings or overridden if that box was checked?

Sayan Naskar
      Keymaster

Hello,

WCFM MARKETPLACE has 2 types of shipping options for the vendors.

1. Shipping By Zone:
      In this shipping type admin can set shipping zones, Shipping Classes to be available for the vendors. Vendors can set different shipping methods( Flatrate / local pickup / free shipping ) for the shipping zones as per their requirements. The can also choose shipping classes to each product and set different costs for each shipping classes.
      So for your question, ” if on the admin side there were no shipping classes setup, from the vendor side when listing a product the only option would be “no shipping class”
      >>> Yes, if the admin does not set any shipping class the vendor will not get any shipping class option ( Shipping Classes works with Zone wise shipping )

2. Shipping By Country:
      >> In this shipping type. The vendors have the flexibility to choose different costs per country or per state as they wish. But the Shipping class concept is not available in this type of shipping. “overwrite Shipping if that box was checked” works in this type of shipping. Where the default extra costs in the shipping by country are overwritten per product.

Thank You.

Kevin

So even if Shipping by Country is enable and “overwrite Shipping” box is checked with a new value is inputted it still defaults to the admin “flat rate shipping” if that is cheaper (in my case $0). I want to get that fixed.

Also, is there anyway to set different shipping rates on different variations of products? I’m selling paintings and a lot of the artists sell the larger originals (Can be very large) and prints (8″x10″, 10″x12″, etc.), so here for the different rates it will take different costs to ship them. Is it possible to set different shipping rates for each option vs. having to create multiple product listings?

Sayan Naskar
      Keymaster

So even if Shipping by Country is enabled and “overwrite Shipping” box is checked with a new value is inputted it still defaults to the admin “flat rate shipping” if that is cheaper (in my case $0). I want to get that fixed.
      >> No, Admin Shipping Rates are only visible to the customer when vendor shipping is not present. Or shipping is not activated for the admin.

Also, is there anyway to set different shipping rates on different variations of products? I’m selling paintings and a lot of the artists sell the larger originals (Can be very large) and prints (8″x10″, 10″x12″, etc.), so here for the different rates, it will take different costs to ship them.

>>You can set different shipping classes for each variation. Then in zone-wise shipping different rates for different shipping classes can be set.

Kevin

Do you think in the future you could make an option on the admin side to eliminate Shipping by Country and Shipping by Zone for the vendor and just have it completely per item/variation inputted by the vendor? I’m still a little confused on shipping processes and I’ve been researching for months so I know the average vendor isn’t going to understand. I just want an overall vendor store shipping flat rate option and an input per product option.

WCFM Forum
      Keymaster

HI,

“you could make an option on the admin side to eliminate Shipping by Country and Shipping by Zone for the vendor”
      – Hope you are using WCFM Ultimate. Then just go to WCFM Capability and set OFF shipping setting for vendors.

Now, setup shipping zones as Admin from WC Shipping setting. Still your vendors will have option to adjust shipping price at product level.

Or, create some shipping classes with different prices for different type of products. Just instruct your vendors to use those for products.

Thank You

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Vendor Shipping Classes’ is closed to new replies.