Forum Replies Created
- April 3, 2019 at 5:00 am in reply to: Add vendor dashboard section dedicated to "tickets" just like "bookings" #55898
- April 2, 2019 at 4:38 pm in reply to: stop the automatic recurring billing when membership is cancelled #55772
When we use the WooCommerce subscriptions connection and he subscription is canceled there is an automatic process that also cancels the PayPal profile as well.
It would be great if the “Integrated Payment Options” can that be done to eventually function the same?
If the Paypal profile is not cancelled does that mean that the payments will keep recurring even through the membership (through “Integrated Payment Options”) has been cancelled.
I vote for this.
But can you add it as a module that we can control the viability of the option for the marketplace.
There maybe some owners who do not want to offer the free version amd don’t want to pay for the white label version.
I vote that that integration too!
BUT it does look like it is a complicated (so many variables) plugin.
It was not a high priority item but was something new that WooCommerce recently released.
- March 28, 2019 at 8:47 pm in reply to: Add the ability to charge tax on Memberships using the "integrate Payment Option #55092
excellent! many thanks to your continued improvements. You Marketplace plugins are amazing!…keep up the incredible work.
Thank you very much!
- March 28, 2019 at 8:44 pm in reply to: Make PayPal match what is entered in the "billing amount each cycle" #55090
I do see that the “0” is being dropped because it is not important but if you can fix this in a future update it will help us look more professional.
- March 28, 2019 at 8:33 pm in reply to: Vendor Email Verification showing RED but setting is turned off #55086
ok. I understand now. Thanks for that clarification.
And if the vendor never clears that red envelope it won’t limit there account in any way is correct? Their account will still function normally?
Thanks for your answers. They are very helpful.
Does this stop the automatic recurring billing – NO
When we do manually cancel a membership what is your recommendation that the marketplace then do to ensure that the billing has also stopped?
Do we need to notify the vendor that they need to go into PayPal and cancel the “automatic payments” profile?
AND if we do that is there a danger that they could cancel a profile linked to a vendors subscription product?
Ok thanks. This will require the ability to identify that tax portion in the membership settings.
The “workaround” we are doing now as adding the tax and base cost into one lump sum.
For example our $24.00 + 5% GST plan is listed as a single payment of $25.20 so the invoice would still only reflect $25.20 unless we can identify the two entities elsewhere in the membership set up.
ok thanks for that advice. I will do that for our plans.
If I log this in the “feature request” do you think it is possible to add the functionality to have a charge tax option? In Canada a business can write off the tax that they are charged but if the invoice does not detail that separately they have no way of knowing.
Hi There just checking if you any any further advice on which Fooevents package we should purchase.
Can you confirm which of the FooEvents addons you have integrated with so we can purchase the correct package from them.
See the attached screenshot
Which of the addons have you not integrated with? Do you plan to do so in the near future
Which of the addons will you never integrate with?
Thanks for your feedback so we can make the correct purchase.
I think the only mandatory setting is that you can can require that “a” category must be selected but not which one within the list or if the children within the parent category must be selected as well.
If this is important you might want to consider simplifying your category structure. I would think that the deeper levels of children attached to the parent category is you are going to experience more drop off of the selection because it is too detailed.
This is exciting news!
I will be interested to know how to make it custom to our own branding.
Thanks for this information! I will pass this on to my team.
Will you kindly add this to your core code as I’m sure many other marketplaces would find this very useful.
- March 22, 2019 at 3:51 pm in reply to: Add vendor dashboard section dedicated to "tickets" just like "bookings" #54034
Thanks for your feedback. I have 2 questions:
Right now I have the WooCommerce box office installed based on some earlier recommendations.
1. Is your integration ready for the FooEvents (https://codecanyon.net/item/fooevents-for-woocommerce/11753111) right now? If I deactivate WooCommerce box office and install FooEvents will we have a functioning ticket system?
2. AND do you know which FooEvent add-ons are not yet integrated? Are some of them working but not all or are all of them not yet integrated?
I’m just wondering is this is a good time to switch plugins and not loose the ticket functionality.
Your first attachment gave no indication of you activating your API key. That is what I asked.
I’m a WC Lovers customer not a WC lovers support person and just try to offer help as your first message did not provide very much detail.
I see under the “Vendors” tab I can see the list of vendors ( /store-manager/vendors/) but functionality is limited to
– show sale report
– disable vendor
– off-line vendor store
Can you detail your recommendation on how to manage our vendor accounts for the following:
1. What does the “disable vendor” function do?
2. What does the “off-line vendor store” function do?
3. Where can I view vendors list that is grouped based on their membership plan type (Maybe a sorting feature in /store-manager/vendors/ ?)
4. How we manually delete/suspend/or cancel membership
Does this send the vendor any kind of notification of the change account status?
Does this stop the automatic recurring billing
5. How can we send the “email verification” if they are showing their account as unverified (the red colored mail envelope) in case vendor have forgotten? (see Screenshot below)
I vote for this too!
I vote for this feature. It will be welcomed by the vendors.
- March 22, 2019 at 2:57 am in reply to: Suggestion on how to integrate WooCommerce Follow-ups #53915
I have a quesrion.
IF I link the membership plans using WC Products (as per the video instructions you provided https://youtu.be/SfOMIxNfr3w )
If those recurring subscription products are created and belong to a “vendor” (An administrative vendor). Will the membership process still work the same?
AND when the membership is canceled will it also cancel the recurring subscription (I have woocommerce subscriptions installed as well)?
I’m hoping by doing it this way we will be able to see the membership subscriptions because they will be tagged to a vendor account rather than the admin.